This program is designed to prepare students for employment as a phlebotomist or aiding in upgrading the skills, of any medical professionals already practicing phlebotomy. The program prepares students to collect blood specimens from clients for the purpose of laboratory analysis.
Students will become familiar with all aspects related to blood collection and develop comprehensive skills to perform venipunctures completely and safely. Online course work includes terminology, anatomy, and physiology; blood collection procedures, OSHA Safety Standards, and career development; while the clinical training teaches students the skills and techniques to perform puncture methods and includes lab exercises, live blood draws, work with a training arm and other exercises intended to prepare students to function as an entry-level Phlebotomy Technician.
The application for admissions process is as follows:
- Complete an admissions application.
- Complete a personal interview with a school representative.
- Tour the school facilities.
- When necessary, take the TABE test. (Only needed if no High School Diploma or GED)
- Receive and read all required pre-enrollment disclosures.
- School Catalog with the Program Outline
- Drug-Free School Disclosure
- Read the Enrollment Agreement
- Make financial arrangement to cover tuition and fees
Upon completion of the application process, the school will consider the prospective student’s application in totality. Once accepted, the applicant will be responsible for arrangements for tuition payments, signing the Enrollment Agreement, and paying for the criminal background check and registration fees. Once the Enrollment Agreement has been signed, the student will be required to attend a comprehensive orientation held prior to the first day of class. Prospective students who were denied admission, and would like to view their file, may submit a written request. Access to view the file will be granted within 24 to 48 hours of the request.
Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE)
TABE is a computerized reading, mathematics, and language basic skills exam, which takes approximately two hours to complete. The TABE is offered by appointment. The initial cost of the TABE assessment is covered in the application fee.
Students will receive a diploma from DOXA Academy upon satisfactory completion of the program in which they enrolled when they :
- Complete each required course meeting each course’s minimum standards in addition to obtaining an overall GPA of 2.0 or higher and satisfy all financial obligations.
- At this time, special recognition awards will be issued to students in recognition of outstanding performance.