This program will prepare the student to become an effective caregiver under the direction of an RN or MD in various health care settings, including the home. The student will be well prepared to take the Certified Nursing Assistant exam and become certified with the Nurse Aide Registry with the Florida Board of Nursing.
This program provides theoretical and clinical experiences necessary for the student to acquire the entry-level competencies required of a home health aide and Nursing Assistant. Learning experiences, related to specific performance objectives, include formal classroom lectures, discussion, written and oral reports, simulated laboratory periods. It provides the student with job-related competencies, employability skills and knowledge of the function, interrelatedness, and needs of human body systems. Patient care activities of daily living, health and hygiene are provided for all ages in the health span, with an emphasis on gerontology.
The Application Process
The application for admissions process is as follows:
- Complete an admissions application.
- Complete a personal interview with a school representative.
- Tour the school facilities.
- When necessary, take the TABE test. (Only needed if no High School Diploma or GED)
- Receive and read all required pre-enrollment disclosures.
- School Catalog with the Program Outline
- Drug-Free School Disclosure
- Read the Enrollment Agreement
- Make financial arrangement to cover tuition and fees
Upon completion of the application process, the school will consider the prospective student’s application in totality. Once accepted, the applicant will be responsible for arrangements for tuition payments, signing the Enrollment Agreement, and paying for the criminal background check and registration fees. Once the Enrollment Agreement has been signed, the student will be required to attend a comprehensive orientation held prior to the first day of class. Prospective students who were denied admission, and would like to view their file, may submit a written request. Access to view the file will be granted within 24 to 48 hours of the request.
Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE)
TABE is a computerized reading, mathematics, and language basic skills exam, which takes approximately two hours to complete. The TABE is offered by appointment. The initial cost of the TABE assessment is covered in the application fee.
You will receive a certificate from DOXA Academy upon satisfactory completion of the program in which you enrolled when you:
- Complete each required course meeting each course’s minimum standards in addition to obtaining an overall GPA of 2.0 or higher and satisfy all financial obligations.
- At this time, special recognition awards will be issued to students in recognition of outstanding performance.